Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Running past the limits....

        I'm certainly not one to brag or to even say I'm proud of anything I do for fear of not staying humble. It goes along with the idea of caring about others and putting their feelings above my own.

       This weekend I finished a half marathon. Something I was told would be impossible with 2 kids, shift work, bus stop, packing lunches, homework and so on.  I AM PROUD OF MYSELF. Yep I said it. I feel empowered. Empowered to take steps in moving on from things that have been dragging me down. I knew that balance is hard to obtain but the strive for it is worth it once you feel it. I am physically capable of doing anything I put my mind to. As I am mentally capable of doing anything my physical self is willing to let go of. I have been carrying many burdens for a long time. Physically carrying my stress in my shoulders, back. During training I would sometimes feel so bogged down and not able to finish. I gave myself the time on Sunday during this half marathon to battle it out. I had 2 hours of me, the road, and my music to sort, let go and realize I am in control. I am in control of myself and no one else. I do not need to put myself through any unnecessary negative scenarios. I simply just choose to be happy. To know my own limitations and to know when they are being pushed. At that point I can choose to push through or to turn away. I am in control of my choice.

       I have overwhelming support from family and people I call my friends. Friends that have given their time, patience, love and understanding of my life agenda. These wonderful people I call my friends have been there with my hurting heart and my laughing heart and love me just the same. They never give up on me. I feel so undeserving.

      I will continue to push through and run past my limits, freely, openly, and ready for the experience. Empowered.

1 comment: