Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

May 11, 2014
Mother's Day
          I decided about halfway through the day that I would hold off on starting my chapters in life and write about the emotions of this special day. My two daughters (Paige 7 and Addison 4) slept in until 7:30am! wow! Paige had been chomping at the bit to "hide" my mother's day present she made at school since Friday afternoon when I picked her up. She changed the "hiding place" about 3 times thinking I would go searching. I played along but I really was looking forward to seeing her masterpiece she created just for me. Paige made a homemade book titled "Honey". She colored a honey pot shaped booklet and cut out each page. It contained pages of short poems about what I like and don't like. I cried in happiness while reading this. In her 7 year old mind Mommy likes to cook, exercise and do yoga, read and something else I couldn't quit figure out her spelling and grammar nor could she remember either :).  I don't like burping out loud, driving, back talk and whining. Paige also colored I love Mom on a candle at girl scouts and that was the second part of my gift. My heart sings in happiness! Addison on the other hand, gave me my give at approx. 11:35 on Friday afternoon. I pick her up from preschool shortly before that. Laughing. Her artwork consisted of her cute little hand prints where the shape of a flower and a precious picture of her in the middle. Her sweet voice kept telling me all day "happy mothers day mommy".
      This time in life may be a huge transition period but one thing holds steadfast is the unconditional love of a mother and her children. I could not imagine my life being any type of complete without my two lovely girls. It is my job to learn about their souls and guide them, embrace the true beings that they are and becoming. I'll talk more about the difference in them as time goes on...
      Feeling overjoyed and content. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment